Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Huber Brewery Leaps Up Brewery Rankings Under New Ownership


I was pretty pissed when I heard that Monroe, Wisconsin's Huber Brewery was sold to a Canadian Entrepeneur Ravinder Minhas last September, but apparently South Central Wisconsin's cheap beer citadel is doing well under the new ownership. Last week Madison, Wisconsin's Capitol Times reported that in 2006 the brewery leaped from 46 to 15 in the sales rankings of American breweries. When my girlfriend and I visited the site of Hubery Brewery a couple years ago, they were already producing huge amounts of Minhas' brand "Mountain Crest" under contract. Apparently the Mountain Crest brand is becoming quite a success in Cananda, and here they sell it at Trader Joe's. I really hope Minhas doesn't discontinue the Huber brand--and I'll really miss the old Huber label if he does--but it sure is great to know that of you want good cheap beer, Wisconsin is still your destination.

No comments: