Tuesday, July 10, 2007

LL: "Machiavelli Changed My Life"


Chuckle. Lindsay Lohan has found an unlikely cheer-me-up book to read to get her through her recent slump--namely, The Prince, by the kill-or-be-killed political theorist and proto-pragmatist philosopher Machiavelli. "I was going out with someone and they said I should read Machiavelli and I was like, 'Nah', and then I was, 'Ok, I'll read it', and now it is always with me," she explained. Funny; when I was 21 and going off my rocker, I usually turned to something more like Boethius' The Consolations of Philosphy, or the treatises by happy-go-lucky metaphysician Chuang Tzu. However, Lindsay probably could use a perusal of The Prince's chapter "On Avoiding Flatterers." But the really funny thing is that she was probably just really drunk and what the guy actually told her was that she should start listening to Makaveli, which is a really fucking good album.

No comments: