Monday, February 18, 2008

Viva La Boosh!


So, the only thing I really give a fuck about right now is The Mighty Boosh, a 30-minute BBC sitcom/psychedelic adventure created by these two guys Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt. A few months ago a friend of mine showed me an episode he had TiVo'd, and at first it really creaped me out, but after a couple viewings I started to fully embrace the Boosh, and now I crave it every night. It's pointless to try to explain the show to a non-Boosher. But if you like Gary Numan, magic, feathered hair, bizarre home-made monster costumes, Polo mints and strawberry shoelaces, obligatory ho-downs, learning a brand-new language of British slang (bonus: including "fetch" meaning "cool," like in Mean Girls) and really, really hot female extras, you owe it to yourself give it a shot. Seriously: don't fuck this one up--you need the Boosh.

Visit the official Mighty Boosh website.

No comments: